From Wednesday 28 October 2020, OPC will be open for limited training. The club is following State Government advice for the resumption of community sport as well as following the Australian Institute of Sport’s Framework for rebooting sport in a COVID-19 environment.
The State Government recently relaxed restrictions (Second Step to COVID Normal) to allow limited numbers to participate in outdoor training provided social distancing can be maintained.
OPC has put in place the following operating rules to ensure compliance with regulations as well as the health and safety of club members:
- People feeling unwell should not come to the club for training
- Attending members must reside within a 25km radius of the club
- Attending members must maintain face masks/coverings as required by the State Government
- The clubhouse, air shed and 25m ranges (A-H) will remain closed as indoor facilities
- Use of 50m ranges 1,2 & 3 is available to members under club Open Access rules
- Members without Open Access may attend with Open Access members but MUST depart when the Open Access member leaves
- All attending members MUST complete the Sports Australia attendance register
(and put up the flag if it is not up)
- Members are limited to two (2) hours of shooting per day to ensure fair access for all
- If ranges are at capacity wait in the car park OR come back later
- If you meet other members avoid physical greetings, e.g. handshakes, as well as coughing, clearing nose or spitting in the vicinity of others
- Only one (1) person is to utilise the toilet facilities at any given time.
- Competition is prohibited with shooting restricted to practice only
- Ranges 1,2 & 3 will be available to members with numbers on each range limited to 10 shooters (one must be nominated as the Range Officer)
- Social distancing of 1.5m will be maintained on and off the range at all times
- Hand sanitiser is available on open ranges – use before and after training.
- Disinfectant is also available on open ranges – if you use any surface (shooting table) wipe it down before and after use
- Shooting must be from a down range position in the open under appropriate baffling
Member use of club facilities will be monitored by CCTV and spot checks undertaken by the committee to ensure OPC is fully compliant at all times.