Before being considered for membership of the Oakleigh pistol Club (OPC), it is mandatory for all new applicants to attend an Interview with the Club and be approved by the OPC Committee.
Why do interviews?
This is to enable us to ensure that:
- New members are a good fit for the club; and
- The club is a good fit for the prospective new member
How does the interview process work?
- On completion of the Membership Application, you will be contacted by the club Secretary to arrange a time for a interview.
- Interview are held at the club and at a time predetermined by the club secretary.
- You will be interviewed on your own by two senior OPC club members and/or Committee members and No other persons are permitted in the interview.
- The Interviewers will obtain your written permission to ask you questions and document your answers.
- You will also be signing to state you have told the truth and to give your privacy consent.
- The interviewers will then ask you a set list of questions and as stated, document your answers.
- The entire interview process should only take about 30 minutes and is intended to be somewhat relaxed and more of a general Q&A session.
- The interviewers will then make a confidential recommendation to the committee on the form and submit it for consideration.
- You WILL NOT be told their recommendation, so please do not ask them.
Is it Mandatory?
In short, yes it is if you wish to become a member. Eg. No interview, no membership.
What happens after an application has been reviewed?
Once the Committee has reviewed and made a decision on your application, you will be advised in writing.
– If your application is accepted, you will proceed to the club induction.
– If your application is declined, your membership will not proceed and the club will wish you well in your endeavours.
What does the Committee do with the answers?
All interview responses will be reviewed at the Committee meeting the week after the interview.
Every candidate application will be reviewed and a decision by the OPC committee will be made to either accept or decline the application.
OPC Interview and your privacy?
The OPC subscribes to a confidentiality of association records policy.
That means that the answers to interview questions and the record of answers is kept confidential at all times.
The information collected during the OPC Club interview is used solely to assist the OPC Committee. By providing OPC personal information in the form of the answers to the interview questions, a prospective member acknowledges and gives consent for the OPC to the use and disclosure of that information to the club committee and any other party approved of by the OPC for the purpose of determining whether to accept or decline any membership application.